10 Epic Photos That Will Make You Want to Travel to Southeast Asia Right Now

The Endless AdventureSoutheast Asia might be known for being light on the wallet, but it’s definitely rich in character, history, and absolutely incredible sights!

That’s exactly why Allison and Eric Bieller, the husband and wife travel vlogging duo from The Endless Adventure, have put SEA at the top of their travel list.

Always on the lookout for adventures on a budget, these photos are what inspired them to say goodbye to the states and head east.

Warning, these pics will induce serious wanderlust!

Cambodia

Angkor Wat in Siem Reap, Cambodia, measures over 400 square kilometres, making it the world’s largest temple grounds.

10 Epic Photos That Will Make You Want to Travel to Southeast Asia Right Now

Photo credit: Mild Delirium

Laos

A hot air balloon ride over Vang Vieng, Laos, gives you a breathtaking view of the mountainous terrain.

10 Epic Photos That Will Make You Want to Travel to Southeast Asia Right Now

Phot credit: Jeremy Foster

Vietnam

With the majority of Vietnam’s population living near the Mekong Delta and Red River Delta, a fishing or boat tour is a perfect way to get a glimpse into Vietnamese life.

10 Epic Photos That Will Make You Want to Travel to Southeast Asia Right Now

Photo credit: Amina Tagemouati

Myanmar

There are over 2,200 temples to explore in the ancient city of Bagan, Myanmar.

10 Epic Photos That Will Make You Want to Travel to Southeast Asia Right Now

Photo credit: Peter Liu

Singapore

Singapore might be known for its gardens, but Marina Bay in Singapore’s Central Area is an amazing sight to behold at night.

10 Epic Photos That Will Make You Want to Travel to Southeast Asia Right Now

Photo credit: Chensiyuan

Indonesia

Sunrise at Mount Bromo, an active volcano in the Bromo Tengger Semeru National Park in East Java, Indonesia, makes getting up early totally worth it.

10 Epic Photos That Will Make You Want to Travel to Southeast Asia Right Now

Photo credit: Jayantika Soni

Philippines

It’s hard to believe that the rice terraces of Banaue in Ifugao, Philippines, were carved largely by hand over 2,000 years ago.

10 Epic Photos That Will Make You Want to Travel to Southeast Asia Right Now

Photo credit: eesti

Brunei

The Jame’Asr Hassanil Bolkiah Mosque, known locally as the Kiarong Mosque, is the largest mosque in Brunei and is equally stunning by day or lit up at night.

10 Epic Photos That Will Make You Want to Travel to Southeast Asia Right Now

Photo credit: Jorge Láscar

Malaysia

The entrance to Batu Caves in Selangor, Malaysia, boasts the largest statue of the Hindu deity, Murugan, which stands 140ft tall.

10 Epic Photos That Will Make You Want to Travel to Southeast Asia Right Now

Photo credit: carawah

Thailand

Water sports from snorkeling to jet skiing to parasailing are among the most popular things to do in Phuket, Thailand, and for good reason – the waters are warm and the average temperature is 29°C / 83°F.

10 Epic Photos That Will Make You Want to Travel to Southeast Asia Right Now

Photo credit: Paul D’Ambra

This is a guest post curated by The Endless Adventure.

If you want to follow along on their adventures, you can check out their website, hit them up on Twitter @The_Endless_A, or watch them on Youtube.

Like this post?

NB: All photos sourced from Flickr.
Click on each photo for owner’s licensing rights.

Tarah Vongbouthdy
    April 11, 2016 at 5:48 pm

We visited SE Asia last year, but only Laos and Thailand. And seriously all of SE Asia looks so beautiful! Everyday I learn of a new place that I add to my list!

The Endless Adventure
      April 11, 2016 at 6:43 pm

Nice! Well we’ve only been to China so far, which doesn’t really count. But photos like these have definitely inspired to actually venture into SEA, which we’re excited to do later this year! Thanks for stopping by 🙂

Joe
    April 11, 2016 at 6:20 pm

Absolutely wonderful pics! Have only been to Malaysia and Philippines from these countries – fully agree that the Ifuago rice terraces are a spectacular
    achievement – but fully intend to see some more of the places on this list 🙂

The Endless Adventure
      April 11, 2016 at 7:17 pm

Really glad you enjoyed them! Same here, our bucket lists grew big time while curating these pics 😀

Wendy
    April 11, 2016 at 7:14 pm

Gorgeous! A family adventure through SE Asia is definitely in order after looking at these breathtaking pictures!

mark wyld
    April 11, 2016 at 8:11 pm

Asia is so high on my list. I wanted to go this year but my wife wants to go back to Europe ah well. Hopefully next year China and Vietnam are high on my list. Great inspirational pictures

The Endless Adventure
      April 12, 2016 at 1:37 am

Really glad you enjoyed it 🙂 We definitely hope you get there next year!

April 11, 2016 at 8:50 pm

These photos made Asia go on my wish list. Hiking and scuba look amazing!

Kaley
    April 12, 2016 at 12:27 am

That photo of the Philippines is awesome and now I totally want to visit!

Jessie
    April 12, 2016 at 3:09 am

These are amazing. So sad I didn’t do the hot air balloon in Laos, you make me jealous!

Jessie

Alexis Tucker
    April 12, 2016 at 11:28 am

These photos make me want to go so badly!

Shayan Naveed
    April 12, 2016 at 11:54 am

Those are some amazing Photos. I live in Thailand. Just went to Cambodia. Been to Malaysia and Singapore.

Vietnam, Laos and Myanmar are next on the list. Oh and Philippines too, hopefully I’ll get to go there for TBEX Asia.

sumti
    April 12, 2016 at 4:15 pm

Amazing photographs. All the places are in my bucket list. Hope I will visit them soon.

Beth Barsness
    April 13, 2016 at 3:25 am

Southeast Asia is already really high on my bucket list! How am I supposed to choose where to start after looking at all these fantastic photos?? LOVE it.

April 13, 2016 at 4:45 am

Stunning photos all, loved the one of Myanmar the best.

April 15, 2016 at 11:17 pm

It’s so stunning isn’t it! It’s on my to-do list for Southeast Asia…especially after seeing these wonderful photos curated by The Endless Adventure

April 13, 2016 at 12:02 pm

Why’d ya do that to me? Now I need to step up my travel gram and fast! Seriously, I want my husband to take a year off work and we just travel…

April 15, 2016 at 11:16 pm

Sorry Rob! Better get on to him! I think your kids would LOVE that! It’s so hard to pick a fave as they all have something unique to offer. But I think Vietnam is way up there for me. So much diversity – the perfect blend of history, culture, and nature.

Ami
    April 13, 2016 at 12:33 pm

Vietnam and Cambodia are on my to-do list alright. Have done four of the others. Will now consider Laos and Malaysia. 😀

April 15, 2016 at 11:14 pm

They are all equally wonderful destinations well worth a visit if you get the chance. They all have something different and unique to offer as these photos suggest in themselves!

Tom Stevenson
    April 13, 2016 at 1:04 pm

I really missed out only seeing the Philippines in SE Asia. If I only I didn’t have to worry about money!!

April 15, 2016 at 11:12 pm

Ah I can relate! I wanted to go myself on my little RTW adventure, and these photos are seriously making me regret not fitting it in!

Taylor
    April 13, 2016 at 11:49 pm

This is getting me so pumped for my SE Asia trip! Except I’m not leaving until July haha

April 15, 2016 at 11:10 pm

July will be here before you know it! I might join you 😉

Carlie
    April 14, 2016 at 1:24 pm

You are definitely right about the #wanderlusting effect of these photos! Thanks for sharing!

April 15, 2016 at 11:10 pm

I know right? I have only been to a handful of these places, but their collection of photos are making me wanna pack my bags and explore more of Asia right now!

Erika Bisbocci
    April 17, 2016 at 3:09 pm

Great wanderlust inspiring photos! So many places to see in SEA! I wish I could take 6 months to a year and see it all! Headed to Indonesia at the end of May most likely, so at least onI can scratch off one of the locations featured.

May 9, 2016 at 6:42 pm

I’d love to go to Indonesia, it’s been on my list for a long time. Hope you have fun!

Sally from Passport & Plates
    April 18, 2016 at 5:51 am

Love this post! I’ve only been to a few countries in SE Asia myself, but I definitely want to go back and explore some more!

Ghoomna phirna
    April 20, 2016 at 2:36 am

We have been to Thailand recently and enjoyed the diverse attractions in Phuket, and Banhkok. Rest of these places are also on our list.

K&C
    April 25, 2016 at 5:59 am

Beautiful photos! We went to Vang Vieng about a month ago, but didn’t do hot air ballooning, looks great! 🙂

nonsoloamore
    April 28, 2016 at 8:01 pm

Ok you are right – this photos are screaming “coooooome and visit me”. Beautiful

Paul and Carole
    May 3, 2016 at 8:19 pm

Great inspiration! Been to Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore, but still plenty to do, best get planning!

Elizabeth @ Compass & Fork
    May 6, 2016 at 12:37 am

Great photos. (I wish some of mine were that good). It is a very exotic part of the world and these pictures do a great job of conveying that!

May 6, 2016 at 7:53 am

Thanks Elizabeth! I can’t take credit for the photos but they certainly make me want to hop on a plane back there!

shayan Naveed
    June 8, 2016 at 8:09 am

That Brunei shot is awesome!

Sand In My Suitcase
    October 12, 2016 at 3:56 pm

Myanmar definitely gets our vote for being the most exotic country. We especially loved clip-clopping around Bagan’s ancient temples in a horse-and-buggy :-). Beautiful photos…