It’s been a while since I last wrote a blog post poking a bit of fun at myself, so I think a little giggle is well overdue!
For anyone who has had the utmost pleasure of travelling with me they will know that my sense of direction is…well…somewhat lacking.
There are some people in this world that know where they are going, and then there are others that basically just have no clue. And I am one of them…
So if, like me, you’re a traveller that generally has absolutely no sense of direction and wonders how you ever manage to get from A to B, I know you will find the following 21 struggles all too real!
1. Maps make your brain hurt…ALOT
…“what the hell does this line MEAN????”
2. But you also admire their beauty
…as a piece of decorative art on your wall with pins pointing to all the destinations you have somehow managed to navigate your way around
3. GPS on your phone is a life saviour
…and you have literally no idea how you managed to survive before the smartphone was invented
4. But equally when your GPS starts yelling at you to turn around, you just can’t deal!
…“shut up, I’m on the motorway, I CAN’T TURN AROUND!!!”
5. Getting directions from strangers becomes the norm
…“hrrrrm he looks like he might know this place pretty well….excuse me there Mr!”
6. But your brain can’t really cope with verbal directions either
….“so I just go straight forever and ever and ever and ever???”
7. And when someone asks YOU for directions you immediately go into a state of panic
….and run for miles and miles in the opposite direction until you don’t know where the hell you are anymore
8. You have become an expert in picking travel buddies that don’t seem as directionally-challenged as you
….“that guy over there with the beard…he looks wise…and kinda hot too!”
9. Knowing your right from your left is a daily struggle
…“go right….no I meant left…NO RIGHT..” *looks at hands* “Oh I give up”
10. Which makes you literally the WORST road-trip buddy in the world
…“I SAID LEFT NOT RIGHT…oh wait…here you take the map”
11. But you can always be trusted to make an excellent playlist
…we’re going on safari?? TOTO AFRICA it is!!!
12. You always turn up at airports, train stations, bus terminals, way too early
…for fear of getting yourself horribly lost on the way
13. Even finding the bathroom in a restaurant can turn into a mini adventure…
….“shit….is this the men’s??? SORRY!!!!”
14. You always have a friend on standby for when you do get lost
…“help i’m lost!”
“where are you??”
“I HAVE NO IDEA…don’t you know the meaning of the word LOST?”
15. Mazes at amusement parks are your idea of HELL
…like seriously, why do people do that for fun??? #thisismylife
16. You’ve spent an embarrassing amount of time looking for your car in a parking lot
17. You have most likely driven the wrong way down a one-way street
18. Multi-tasking while driving is NOT an option
…“will you turn that music down??? I’m trying to concentrate.”
19. You + alcohol + trying to find your way home = CATASTROPHE
20. When you wake up, it always takes you about five minutes to remember where you are
…“where am i???”
21. But wherever you go…you know it will always be an adventure
…and you’ll find your way home…eventually.
Liked this post?
Pin it below!